For my recipe blog go to:

Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm a mouse on a spinning wheel... oh. let's not talk about mice...

Yep. Everything happens at once. One day you're lounging around the house enjoying the quiet with your hubby while the kid is away at your sister's house for your anniversary. You don't notice the dishes piling up in the sink- you're in love. You don't notice the clothes starting to fall out of the laundry basket- you celebrating 11 great years of wedded bliss. What could come between you and this feeling of euphoria?

MONDAY!!!!!!  (imagine shower scene music from "Psycho") 

Yep. Kid stayed at his cousins' house 2 nights, which means he probably didn't get much sleep... which means he will be a complete basket case in the morning, be late for school, have NOTHING to wear, whine a LOT, and completely fall to pieces. 

It means you will venture down to make breakfast in the kitchen you haven't set foot in for 3 days because you had a reprieve of cooking... only to discover... That half the salsa you canned last month has come unsealed and is ruined.... aaaannnndddd.......

ANOTHER MOUSE HAS MOVED IN!!!! 

Now, I KNOW it is another mouse because I am completely positive there were NO MORE MICE after we killed those last two. I checked every day for signs and there were NONE. I could sit in peace in my sewing room, knowing I would NOT hear the pitter-patter of little feet. I was completely alone, aside from the lazy dog, and two annoying birds.

Another jarring realization is that Halloween is in 5 days, but you actually need to be finished with the Prince of Persia costume by Friday for the school carnival. That's 4 days, people. Which, wouldn't be so bad if...

if I didn't have to :  clean the house, do a mountain of laundry, send off aprons ordered online, pick tomatoes, make soup, can the soup, clean out the freaking kitchen and lay traps every square inch of the basement,  finish Halloween pillows before it's too late, go through the mountain of mail that piled up when we were out of town 2 weeks ago which I still haven't gone through and I KNOW something important is waiting, get out my son's fall clothes so he doesn't freeze in short sleeves...

And... well, there are about 15 other projects I could put here, but I'm giving myself hives just thinking about it, so I'll tackle what's on my list today and leave it at that.

My husband asked me about my emotional state today.... I told him, "Well, it's not like I can quit my job, is it?"

So, it looks like I'm stuck in this insanity for a while.  Just me and the mice.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

We have kittens - you can have one!!! They are taught by their mom's to hunt mice. They live outside in our barn so they can be an outside cat. Our friends just took one and love it! They also have it as an outside cat and are hoping it will keep away the mice. We live by a HUGE field and I never see mice! It is great! Let me know if you are ready for a cat!