For my recipe blog go to:

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stop and listen...

To look at life through a little boy's eyes, and ears...

Today my son came running into my sewing room to tell me to come quick and listen to the ants. My first thought was to say, no, I'm too busy sewing a million aprons by Friday, but then I took time to listen.

Listen to ants? Don't you mean look at the ants? It was a strange request, so I went outside. I got down on the ground and saw into a crack in the concrete of the driveway. Inside the crack were hundreds of ants all busily working and scurrying about. I put my ear down close to the ground and...

you know what???

I could hear them! There were little popping sounds, and little crackling sounds- like hundreds upon hundreds of tiny little ants working like mad!

It was the most amazing sound! Next time you see a huge swarm of ants on the pavement, take time to kneel down and listen! Heavenly Father's creations are astounding, and I am grateful for my little boy who helped me to really listen!

On another note: Have you ever eaten an ant? I have. It tasted like...ant.

0 comments: