For my recipe blog go to:

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Is that your child stuck to the wall?

Reading a friend's blog made me think about something. I rarely like other people's kids. Let me clarify- I rarely like tending other people's kids. While growing up, I didn't do a lot of babysitting. I have to say it's something I really haven't felt the loss of in my adult life. I often wondered at what kind of mother I'd be, having not had much experience in the kid-watching arena. Sure, I knew how to change a diaper, feed a kid, wipe their nose, etc. But wasn't sure if I'd even LIKE my kid. I don't seem to have much patience for other people's kids.

You see, other people's kids have perpetually runny noses, extremely dirty faces, smell funny, whine a lot, have sticky hands with fuzz between the fingers, full, saggy diapers, and don't know they're not supposed put their dirty hands all over my walls... you get the idea. When I worked in the nursery at churh, I really saw what other people's kids can be like. Some people don't think to smell their kid's diaper before they drop them off for you to handle. Some people don't see the cheerios stuck to their kid's head! How is that? Some people don't care that their child cannot breathe because their left nostril is entirely plugged up with crusty gunk! Come on, people! Take some pride in your child's appearance!


Ok, so before you start thinking, "How can she not like MY sweet kids?" I have to say, that when a kid is clean, and happy, and diaper-changed, I am easy to please! Give me a cuddly kid without a sucker or soggy cracker in his hand any day! I'm sure you all feel the same way about other people's kids- come on--- admit it! So, I'm sure I've scared you all away from ever having me tend your little ones. Hey, I don't mind watching them now and then! Really! Just wash em up, change their diaper, load em up with Benedryl- oops, did I say that out loud? No, really. Most of the people I associate with have really cute kids. Really! Because they take pride in their children, and themselves! It's the ones that don't that ruin it for the rest of us!

Wow. Kind of a snotty post, huh? Well, we can't always be sunshine and daisies, right?

1 comments:

BugHunter said...

I don't know how much this counts for anything (Considering who I am), but I agree with you.