For my recipe blog go to:

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cubs will be the death of me!

Ever since I found out I was having a boy, I've dreaded in the back of my mind the day when I would be put in as den mother of Cub Scouts.

You see, I am a very girlie girl. Growing up I liked tea sets, and dressing up as a princess ballerina- (yes, a princess ballerina), doing my doll's hair, wearing make-up, talking about boys, doing my nails, etc.

Boys are, well, loud, dirty, messy, unrefined, fart and burp alot, like video games and fast cars and making gun noises... things I can't relate to.

Being a den mother exposes you to all this and more! Yes, I have a boy myself, but he isn't like that all the time around me. When the cubs are around I get it in triple, and lots of it!

Have you ever heard someone burp consecutively, non-stop, for five minutes? I nearly tossed my cookies when I heard it!

I find myself stressing every single week about cubs scouts, and it doesn't ever get better. I just don't know what boys like! But, this is where I am right now, so I might as well deal with it. Maybe next week we'll have a burping contest. If you can't beat em, join em, right? On second thought, I KNOW I would toss my cookies if we did that! Better find another science project or something, instead!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am so sorry. That's all.

Nanna said...

Go see Blind Side. It will put in perspective for you the imporatance of a good woman in the "male" world. Oh the power of the influence of a good woman!

Love you!
(A Good Woman)