For my recipe blog go to:

Monday, June 14, 2010

Sad news...

Last Thursday my sister and I took our kids to This is the Place Heritage Park to their pioneer village. We had such a fun time. One of my favorite parts, and most distressing, ironically, was the little petting zoo.

The little baby goats and lambs were soooooo cute! The distressing part came when the little goats were trying to escape into the big world. Nobody dared pick them up but my sister and I (who were NOT raised on a farm,by the way- strictly city girls) were picking them up and hauling them back to their pen. They were so cute, just like real children, really.

Yesterday, I heard that the barn they keep the baby animals in at night burned down on Saturday morning. 12 animals were lost, mostly baby animals. The very baby animals I held and pet and loved! What a sad thing!

I am glad I had a chance to help keep them out of danger for a little while anyway. What a sad thing. I hope it was an accident and not some stupid kid smoking in the barn or playing with matches.

1 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I heard that and it made me so sad. It really is a big tragedy. :(