For my recipe blog go to:

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's summer at our house...

Ok. The summer flies by, it is true! I think I'm handling it rather well, though.

My son goes to swimming lessons every day and is improving sooo much! In the past we've just done the one two-week session, but last summer and this year I decided to do it every session and he has just skyrocketed! His back stroke is nearly flawless, and he can front crawl the entire length of the pool without stopping (very much!)

We sort of have a morning routine down, too. We wake up, eat breakfast, do reading, practice piano, do chores, go to swimming, come home and eat lunch, run errands and then the kid gets the whole afternoon to play while I sew and sew and sew.

My son has also been endowed with the great privelege of becoming the new official lawn-mower of our family. He isn't very thrilled with the title, but his parents sure are!

Downfalls of this summer:
-yet another year with no central air upstairs. This means we sleep in a warmer-than-is-comfortable bedroom at night, but most of the day we just spend in the air-conditioned basement.
- no camping trips in sight. We have a tent and a few camping items, but no room in a vehicle to take it all. I'd really like to get a tent-trailer, but that's probably a few years off.
- My mom and step-dad moved to Soutn Carolina for a year, so no fun summer days up at my mom's enjoying the beautiful country or barbecuing on their back patio,or fishing trips with a boy and his grandpa Doc, or watching chick flicks with my mom late into the night. :(

Pro's for this summer:
-I am singing with the Utah Chamber Artists for their summer concert with the Utah Symphony. Minimal practicing, Maximum enjoyment!
- My garden is kicking butt this year, and I planted it all by my self!!!! Yes, thank you very much!
- My son now mows the lawn so I don't have to!
- My sister is living in the state again and we can do LOTS of things together! (like go see "Eclipse" tomorrow night! Pattinson in all his IMAX glory!)
-I'm totally excited about sewing aprons again. I'm doing at least one a day! Yay for Saucy frocks!!!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Yay for swimming and kids old enough to mow the lawn and saucy frocks! You totally rock Erin! I love your aprons...I can just never decide which one I love the most!