For my recipe blog go to:

Monday, February 13, 2012

Saturday night, the unthinkable happened. I convinced my husband to watch "Twilight: Breaking Dawn Pt. 1" with me.

I think he was feeling guilty for leaving me all day to go to work and meetings, and then taking the kid to play laser tag that evening. I was alone most of the day. So, he didn't put up much of a fight when I suggested it at 10:30 pm. I did, however, tell him he could make fun all he wanted.

Well, make fun, he certainly did.
And rightly so. It was pretty laughable, some of those ridiculous scenes. I admit.

However, last night he voluntarilly watched pt. 6 of "Downton Abbey, season 2", and there was no sniggering or fun-making. And at the end said in a mocking tone, "Ooooo.... I bet you can hardly wait for next week's episode! How are you ever going to manage???"

But, you know what? I think the excitement was more for him than me! There just may be a soft core behind the rough, action-movie, blast- all- the- aliens- with- super- machine- guns, exterior.

It helps that the daughters are all pretty good lookers, too.

0 comments: