For my recipe blog go to:

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Homemade is always better... I hope!

I picked the first fresh tomatoes from our garden the other day!!!! (I know, you're jealous, huh?)

Last night we had fresh mozzerella with tomatoes and fresh basil on crusty bread drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dinner- yummmmm! (I love dinners like this, they're easy and I don't have to do a lot of work, but still look like I'm being a good mom while being lazy!)

All night long I was thinking about how I can get fresh mozzerella for cheaper than the stores- it's expensive, and I would eat it all the time if I could! With fresh tomatoes from the garden, nothing's better!

So, I woke up, googled "homemade mozzerella" and I'm going to make some myself!

Apparently it isn't very hard, so I'll let you know how it goes!

The only problem now, is we've eaten all the fresh tomatoes from our garden, and there won't be any more for at least another week or two. :(

2 comments:

Jen said...

In peak tomato season, I buy fresh mozarella at Costco...it is cheaper, but probably not like homemade cheap...you just have to eat a lot at once!

heather said...

You are amazing!!!