For my recipe blog go to:

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Quiet, but nice.... I hope!

We have decided to celebrate Easter at home this year. We usually go to be with our family (one or the other) and do egg hunts, eat yummy food, watch Easter-type movies, etc.

This year, we are doing it all at home with just us 3. I had a hard time with it at first- am I robbing my only child of the opportunity to enjoy an egg hunt with other children? Well, yes, I am. The pure and simple answer. There is no dressing it up in pink frills and making it anything other than it is. He will NOT be doing anything with other children this year.

HOWEVER.... we are still coloring eggs, watching Easter shows, enjoying General Conference without interruption, and eating yummy food, (Prime Rib, asparagus with lemon sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, and homemade rolls)... all in the comfort of our little home. That can't be that bad, now, right?

I think sometimes the quiet of our little family can be just as enjoyable as celebrating it with the extended family, only in a different way.

Happy Easter everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes it is the BEST to enjoy things at home and quiet! Actually I think most of the time it is the BEST!

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

I agree, we had a quiet weekend too and it was just so nice. Saturday was pure heaven, just dying eggs, hanging out with my family. Hope you had a great Easter.

Lauren said...

I wish we could have had a quiet weekend. I always get to agitated when our kids participate in egg hunts with other people's kids, because my kids are always so dainty and sweet while the other kids just mow everyone over to get the most eggs. This year, as always, my kids ended up with 1/10 of what the other kids got. Some kids even started stuffing their pockets when their baskets were full. Sigh. I guess I should just be happy we don't have all that candy to stuff our faces with.