For my recipe blog go to:

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tragic Heroine... or just being dramatic?

I've been contemplating delving into the Greek tragedies again.

I know, how many of us have even thought of them since High School, right?

But Clash of the Titans is coming out, and we just watched the original on television the other night. There is soooo much I've forgotten! (Or, rather, never learned as I was just reading them to get by and pass the tests! High School is lost on the young!)

I'm usually a Jane Austen type reader- love historical fiction! But, Greek Mythology is a type of historical fiction, right?

At any rate, I think I'm going to take the plunge! (I'm not holding myself strictly to this, though. I reserve the right to stop reading them anytime I feel like I'm getting zits, wearing pegged pants, or start doing my hair in a side ponytail. And I ABSOLUTELY draw the line at writing an analytical essay about it when I'm through!)

Anyway, my life is like a Greek tragedy, so why not? Huh?

*(I don't mean my father is a god and my mother is a mortal....)
**(nor do I have special powers.... but I do encounter many freakish people... and find myself wearing togas alot.... ok, maybe not!)

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Let me know how it is. I typically like the mythology, but some of it is a little weird.