For my recipe blog go to:

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 3: The Great Mouse Show-Down

It's clear by this poor excuse for a blog that life around here isn't very exciting when I post 3 days in a row about a mouse.

But, that is life around here lately... all about a mouse!

Today while I was making breakfast, the dog started scrambling all over the family room floor, sniffing madly. It was obvious he had spotted the mouse and was hot on his trail. I was confident the mouse would NOT get away since I had put a sticky trap along his only obvious escape route.

Remember how the people who built the Titanic said "Not even God can sink this ship"? Ya, pride goeth before the fall. In this case, my pride didn't take into consideration that annoying and disgusting mouse could squeeze through the tiny space between the trap and the garbage can.

So, today the score stands: Mouse=2 Me=0

Then, it had the audacity to sit in the joists above the refridgerator and scrape and scratch while we were all sitting there eating our breakfast as if to say: "Ha ha. You can't catch me you little humans... you and your smug ways eating your french toast and potatoes... you humans think you're so cool." (And yes, I think the mouse has a french accent. It's the only way to read what he was surely thinking.)

My next move: to line the whole opening of the space underneath the refrigerator with traps. I KNOW that's how he's getting in and out. I was thinking maybe making a little ring of fire in front of the fridge, and maybe a moat of hot molten lava... hmmmmm.....

0 comments: