For my recipe blog go to:

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A little diversion from the mouse stalker in my kitchen...

Today I went to El Rancho market....

What? You don't know what El Rancho market is???

It is THE place to score some great authentic mexican food at lunch with my hubby, and as of today- my new FAVORITE place to go get stuff to make green salsa!

18 lbs of tomatillos, 6 lbs of onions, 5 bunches of cilantro, 2 lbs of anaheim peppers, and a few serrano chilis (I'm a gringo, I can't handle the heat, ok?)

and ALL for only.....

$12!!!!! Yes, that's right, twelve dollars! It will make about 24 jars of the deliciousness, and all for only 12 bucks!!!!

True, I couldn't carry on a conversation with anyone in the entire store but my husband, and true, I couldn't read any of the labels on the cans when I was searching for canned chilis....

but so what?! What a screamin' deal!

I just thought it would be more interesting to put here than another story of how I haven't yet caught that ellusive mouse. I should call him The Scarlet Pimpernel, but I think Voldemort is more fitting.

Yay, green salsa!!!!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

He's Peter Pettigrew's cousin.