For my recipe blog go to:

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

*Update on letter to congressman about time change- warning: it's not pretty!*

I looked into how much it would cost to send a 63# package to Washington D.C. yesterday with airholes punched in the sides. (My hubby didn't get this joke...HELLO! Haven't I been threatening all day long to send the kid to D.C. and let them deal with him during this time change?!)

Yesterday's schedule went like this:

7:30- wake kid up
7:35- "Mooooommmmmm- I can't go to school. I have a tummy ache."
7:40- (dragging himself down his ladder, very dramatically)
7:45- "Mom. I'm serious, I'm too sick to go." (as he gobbles down two crepes.)
8:00- (after MUCH prodding) brushes his teeth, dramatically.
8:10- catches my eye- suddenly his hand goes to his stomach and he gets this pained look. Ya, I totally believe it. Right.
8:20- hobbles to the front yard with his scooter. He's "sprained" his ankle and has to stay home. Nuh, uh. Not doing that!
12:30 pm- caller ID on phone says it's my son's school. I pick up. Of course, I'll come pick my "sick" son up. Sometimes it's better to give in than spend the energy fighting. I drive the half-block to the school because, if he truly is sick, he won't feel like walking home. Why do I do this? I KNOW he's not sick!
12:35pm- "Mom, why did you drive? It's a beautiful day, we should be getting some exercise!" Me... ready to FREAK OUT!!!!!

Afternoon- (I'll spare you all the times, suffice it to say, the following was an on-going scene of drama and turmoil and dramatic, academy award winning performances.)
- took 4 hours to get 2 pages of homework done.
-"Mom, I just know if I watch a movie on Netflix my tummy will feel better."
-"Mom, I really don't think I need a nap! It's not going to help my tummy..."
-(after a 2 hour nap) "Mom, I think chocolate cake will help my tummy feel better."
-No, you can't play video games or with friends when you're sick.
-1/2 hour crying fest. This is where the Oscar award is given. It was truly something to behold. This is when I began researching my postal options for shipping him to Washington.

End Result: I am 100% opposed to the time change and I am boycotting it! I am getting up an hour later from now on, and you can expect me and my family to be an hour (and 15 minutes- like always) later to everything. The secretary at my son's school agrees with me. We are FED UP!!!!! Join with me--- UNITE!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally feel your pain!!! W is really easy going, but this time change has turned him into a blubbering, dramatic zombie!! This morning he burst into tears because he couldn't click his seat belt on because it was too cold. Then he burst into tears again when I showed him that it was because his hoodie was in the way of the clicker on the seat belt. ohhhhhhh this time change, I say we boycott it!!!!!!!!!

Andrea said...

I'm not a huge fan of changing back and forth. But I like this time better. I'd rather get up in the dark and have it stay light into the evening.