For my recipe blog go to:

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Poor old mommy... has to read her intensely good book in bed all day long.... poor, poor OLD mommy....

Ok. I admit it. I spent the greater part of yesterday in bed with a heating pad, and reading the ENTIRE book of "Catching Fire".

Do I feel guilty?

Nope.

And my cute, adorable, growing-up-too-quickly son was up WAY past his bedtime last night because he was writing me a get well card. I typed it below, and no words have been changed. (Yes, he sounds more like a Jane Austen character than most 9 year olds normally do...) :

"Dear Mommy

I am dearly sorry that you are feeling sick. And I so very much wish that I could do something to help you. I hope you feel happy tomorrow and aren't unhappy because I love you very much, and to help you would mean so much to me. Now I now you're disappointed that I'm up at 9:45 pm but I just thought that it would help you feel better so much sooner and it's ok to stay up REALLY late if you are helping your poor old sick mommy that you love so much.

P.S. Please leave a response on my bed in the morning.

Love,
(the kid)"

Now, how could a mommy not feel better after that??? (However, I DO take exception to the reference that I am OLD, but I know he was joking!!!!)

Today, more heating pad and "Mockingjay"... but I'll get some laundry done in there as well. Gotta feel somewhat productive, right?

2 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Love this!! THat's awesome! And what a sweet boy Eason is. I haven't read Mockingjay yet but can't wait to!

Jess said...

Oh my word...what is that kid reading? Pride and Prejudice? I'm excited to see what you think of Mockingjay.