For my recipe blog go to:

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm going to pull my hair out!!!!

How did I get such a head-strong and stubborn kid???? It can't possibly have come from me!!!!

"Bud, why don't you do your class presentation for me? It will be good practice, and I get to see how it goes."

(rolls eyes very dramatically)
"Mooooommmmmmmmm...... I don't neeeeeed to practice. I already know it."

"Well, I don't. And I was at Kinko's late last night laminating your pass out cards." (which, for 3 days he insisted he didn't need until 9:00 last night when he finally decided it would be a good idea.)"So the least you can do is show me your presentation!"

"O.K..fine! How to make a friend. You say Hi, tell em your name and that's it."

"That's all you're going to say to them? Aren't you going to start by saying, 'Hello. Today I'm going to teach you how to make a friend'?"

(looks at me like I'm a freakishly annoying parent who doesn't get "it")
"Mom. Come on.... they're my friends. I don't speak to my friends like that."

"Did you know I took a class in college about how to do presentations, and I might know how to do it?"

"Mom... (more patronizing looks), I'm not IN college. I'm in the 2nd grade. We don't do that stuff here!"

Ok, kid. Good luck with your freaking presentation then! Smarty Pants!

0 comments: