For my recipe blog go to:

Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm really just a 10 year old girl....

Last night my son pulled out the blendy pens and paper and we colored for hours while we watched "Ratatouille". It totally took me back. I used to color all the time! Last night I colored a picture of a pretty girl puppet. I did swirls and pretty designs all over. I took it up to my husband to show him and he just looked at me like I was a freak! What? Don't you like my pretty picture??? I was hoping he'd hang it up in the hallway with all my son's pictures. :(

I saw a Barbie commercial on T.V. the other day. It made me want a Barbie soooo bad, I got online and looked at all the vintage Barbie stuff you can get now. I used to play with some old Barbies my Grandma had. They were the original 50's and 60's style Barbies like these:



I secretly wondered if there was a way I could buy the Barbies and sneak and play with them. Ha! I could just see my husband walking in on me in the closet playing Barbies! I think he'd have me committed!

I don't want to grow up!!!!

3 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Oh I know how you feel! I pulled out the crayons and was helping Maren color in her Disney Princess coloring book and has some nostalgia!

Jen said...

This is one of those things you just need a daughter for...all the fun playing with the toys and none of the seeming crazy! I have a daughter you can borrow to play barbies with anytime...don't be thinking you can do whatever you want though...she has a mind of her own! A side note...when did barbies get so expensive? Chloe got her first one recently and I couldn't believe how much they are.

The Parkin Family said...

I've had the same Barbie desires as you. With 4 boys I am getting very sick of Transformers, Spiderman, and Batman toys. Those are no fun to play with. And when we color, I always print out pretty Barbie pages for me to color.