For my recipe blog go to:

Monday, November 23, 2009

What a vacation!!!!!


I'm back from the cruise!

We had such a nice time! I loved being on the ocean, smelling the salt water, being in the warm sunshine, not having to cook or clean! It was a wonderful week!

Here is a list of things I liked about the cruise:

- kids' adventure ocean (you check em in, then forget about em! Yeah!)
-fish and chips whenever I wanted
-my room attendant Anthony. I've been calling out to him to come help me clean my house, but he is gone.... forever!
- the waiters and waitresses were soooooooo super friendly!
-eating whenever I wanted, or didn't want!
-not having to cook the food when I wanted to eat it!
-playing on the beach in Cabo
-eating super spicy curl-your-toenails tacos in Ensenada
-bartering. Yes, bartering! I loved it!!! I rocked at it, actually! Who knew???
-driving through Ensenada and knowing I don't have to live like that. What a blessing!
-Seeing my son up on the stage doing a juggling act with Wild and James in front of hundreds of people! (more on this later)
-laying on the deck and reading for hours
-waking up at 6 AM and sitting out on my balcony watching the ocean
-standing on the very front of the ship in the dark with only the stars above me! It was freaky, but exhilarating as well!
-laughing at the old women in strapless evening gowns with their wrinkly flabby leathery overly- tanned skin hanging out.
- watching drunk people try to walk down the halls with the boat rocking
-trying to walk down the halls with the boat rocking and knowing I look just as bad as the drunk people!

Well, I'll post some pictures of it all later- after I uncover my camera from the pile of stuff I have to put away.

Oh, what I DIDN'T like was coming home to find my dog had diarrhea and had used our bedroom carpet as his bathroom (5 times), and the couch, and the living room floor, and my son's bedroom floor.... we spent the entire night Saturday scrubbing the carpets and bathing the dog!

Anthony, were are you? I need you????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cruises are DEFINITELY the way to travel!
Welcome back...by the way, your wrap-around dress looked FABULOUS on sunday! :)

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

JEALOUS!! I love cruising. I want to go somewhere on another one but it's getting too expensive! Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Anonymous said...

We are going on a disney cruise in a couple weeks and I can't wait! I have never been on a cruise before, so you have me pumped up! :)

Andrea said...

I'm glad you had fun. Mexico when it's cold out is the way to go. But that is "crappy" to come home to.