For my recipe blog go to:

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Taking the initiative...

My son is learning how to take the initiative- getting ready for school on time, getting ready for bed at the right time, doing homework, etc. He is doing very well, overall.

The other morning I heard him wake up, get out of bed, get dressed, get himself breakfast- all before my husband's alarm went off! (I'm still in a drugged stupor due to my huge swollen cheeks and painful jaw, but I was aware of him doing all of this.)

I guess there are times when your kids just amaze you with what they are capable of doing. He's been coming home every day and making sure I have everything I need. He takes such good care of his "sick" mommy, and I just adore him! He even offered to stay home to take care of me! (Ok, this may have been more fueled by the fact he'd rather stay home with his sick mom than have to go to school.)

He's the best kid!

*Wisdom tooth recovery update: so far, no dry sockets, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Still huge cheeks, though- and very black and blue. Pain is slowly getting better too. I still can't eat anything I have to chew, and I can't open my mouth very wide. I made yummy homemade mac and cheese in the crock pot yesterday so my poor hubby wouldn't have to pick up dinner again, but I almost cried when I found I couldn't eat it. :( I ended up eating leftover refried beans (about a 1/4 cup's worth) for dinner. All my yogurt is gone and I ate the last of my pudding for breakfast (about 5 spoonfulls)but I'm too depressed about it all to find anything else soft enough to eat, and I don't trust myself to drive to the store as I'm still on pain meds and dizzy. Oh, and last night I got the sore throat that's been going around, so didn't get much sleep, either. Ya- sounds pretty pathetic, huh? Well, I AM getting better, just not as quickly as I'd like!

1 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

What a sweet kid!! I had my impacted wisdom teeth out when I was 15, and the oral surgery to wire my jaw shut a few months later. Torture. I remember my mom blended a chicken Cup'O soup in the blender and fed it to me with a syringe... nastiest thing ever. I couldn't wait to eat pasta afterwards. Hope you feel better soon!