For my recipe blog go to:

Monday, January 4, 2010

Wisdom Teeth Extraction.... Anyone?

Yes. What better way is there to begin the new year than with a nice wisdom teeth extraction? I can't think of one, can you?

My attempt at getting them out for free failed miserably. Something about me having taken cold medicine before the blood test and them not liking that I had a cold in the first place. I tried not taking it the night before, but I couldn't breathe! Anyway, they are forbidden to re-do the blood test, so I'm on my own! Grrrrrr....

Anyone know a good oral surgeon? By good, I mean- someone who sneaks into your room in the middle of the night and does the entire surgery when you have no idea it's being done... oh, and leaves you money under your pillow after.

I'm open to referrals! PLEASE!!!! I'm just certain if I choose one myself he will have one eye, terrible breath, and enjoy inflicting pain. "Sedative? Nah! You won't need it!!! Mmmmwwwwaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa"

Can you see I'm a little distressed? HELP!!!!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Did you know that I have a terrible fear of anyone in the dental community? Honest... my wisdom teeth would still be in if I had not been in so much PAIN for a couple of years. (Seriously... a couple of YEARS.)

The pain got TERRIBLE when I was pregnant with Jordan and I just couldn't take it anymore.

The dr who did my surgery was AMAZING. I didn't even swell up like a chipmunk. Granted, I couldn't be sedated because I was pregnant, but I think it's even a bigger tribute to him being able to take care of me AWAKE and SOBBING!!! (Seriously... I have some high anxiety around dentists...)

So here is my recommendation:
Dr. Steven E. Christensen, DDS
Ste 100, 6243 South Redwood Road,
(801) 269-1110‎

Seriously... the best of luck to you!!!!

The Parkin Family said...

I went to DeDecker about 2 years ago to get mine out. He put me under for it. He also gave me a valium to take the morning of the procedure which is very nice! My only complaint was he didn't give me any pain meds for after. No Lortab or anything so I was in a lot of pain the next few days. I was really swollen and bruised up too. But I think that's because I waited too long to get them out! Anyway, His last name is DeDecker and he is in Bountiful by Lakeview Hospital. Sorry that's all the info I have!!