For my recipe blog go to:

Monday, February 22, 2010

All at once...

Well, life is mixing it up a bit around here.

I was just given a new calling in church- I am the 1st counselor in the Relief Society. I never in my life EVER thought I'd be in the Relief Society presidency. That is for white-haired old ladies who wear tacky pink lipstick and loud floral print dresses with saggy nylons, right? (Although I do admit to my share of white hairs, I do still color them. I don't own pink lipstick, nor do I wear nylons of any kind.) I commented to my husband when I was asked to do it and said I can't do that, I'm not old enough. To which he responded- "You're older than you think."

No dinner for him that night!

The ladies I'll be working with couldn't be better, though. My "youth" will hopefully bring some lighthearted fun to the mix, and their experience may help keep me grounded...I hope! I sure have a lot to learn, though!

On another note, I will be watching a little 5 month old girl every day for the next month. She is a sweetheart, and very well behaved. It's funny how much you forget about taking care of babies when you haven't had one for 8 years! When do I feed her? When does she sleep? What's this stuff coming out of her and why is it getting all over my couch cushions? Where are the DANG baby wipes????

Still, it is fun. I have had to slow down my pace, though. I can't just take off and do what I like when I like. It hasn't changed my mind about having another one, though. Far from it. It makes it hurt a little more. My son is such a good helper with her- he would make a fantastic big brother... one day.

My son turns 9 on Saturday. When did I get old enough to have a 9 year old? Oh, ya... I'm old now, I forgot! So, I've got to somehow plan a fun birthday for him and make a cake. He is counting on something amazing...I don't know if I have it in me this year!

I am also going to tackle sanding the dry wall in our kitchen and maybe try to slap some paint on the walls as well as paint my new food pantry!

Anyway, if you try to call me I may not answer. I'll be busy trying to figure out this new craziness called my life!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I am so excited about the new presidency I could pee my pants! You guys are going to be great! :) Are you watching your across the street neighbor's baby? Let me know if you ever need help for a bit...what's one more when you are house bound with three anyway! :) haha!

Jess said...

When I saw Eason walking up the aisle at church I had to do a double take he had changed so much! He looked so grown-up. You however looked not one day older than when we first moved in. :)

Andrea said...

Congrats on the calling. Just watch out for the blazer and pearls. I know you're better than that.