For my recipe blog go to:

Thursday, February 18, 2010

While the husband's away...

Ok. it is 9:30 pm, my hubby isn't home and I'm bored. Ok, I'm not bored, I'm glued to the television watching the olympics- let's be truthful here. And in the spirit of being truthful, I will admit I have a few olympic addictions.

First of all, I have a crush on the entire speed skating team. Not because they're really cute or anything, but because they are totally awesome! I can't sit down when I watch speed skating. I scream and yell at the television like some plaid-shirt clad middle-aged blue collar worker holding my bowl of jalapeno chips on Super Bowl Sunday. Do I think Apollo is going to hear me all the way in Vancouver? Of course not.... well, maybe, I don't know. He did look at the camera at the exact same time I screamed "Go!", and he had that look in his eye like "This one's for you-" before he quickly moved into first, but I can't keep quiet! It makes me crazy! My son expressed concern over my behaviour last night when I was hitting myself on the head because the U.S. guy wasn't moving up as quickly as I thought he should. "Mom... are you...like....ok?" "Shut up, kid! I'm watching my guys!" (Ok, I didn't say that, but it may or may not have run through my mind.)

I have also surprised myself with my fascination with the men's half-pipe. Aside from their pants around their knees and lack of ability to find the showers or knowledge of what a comb is, I think their tricks are pretty dang awesome, and it almost makes me want to learn to snowboard...almost.

Of course, I always watch the figure skating competitions, but I can't, I repeat CAN NOT have a crush on any of the men's figure skaters- I'm sorry, but someone who is more graceful than I am can't be playing for the same team I am, ya know? Still, I admire the talent they have, and always wished I could skate as beautifuly. Ok, wished I could stay up on skates at all.

Well, I hear my hubby home. I'd better go scream at the television and make him think I've totally lost it! hee hee....

2 comments:

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Ha. Funny. I love this. And I hear you about the men's figure skaters. Can NOT have a crush on them. But I just love the little Johnny Weir. He's fabulous.

Andrea said...

The figure skaters give me the heebie-jeebies, just a little bit.