For my recipe blog go to:

Thursday, February 4, 2010

If I could do it over again, I would...

I am not one for regrets. I usually make a decision and then don't look back. However, as I've grown older and wiser I have learned many things I wish I had known in my younger years. I wouldn't change much if I could go back, but there are a few things I'd like a "do-over":

-have some real color on my wedding dress. Like red roses with swirly vines up the bottom, or black scroll designs with deep blue crystals. Come on... white? Ya, I had silver beading which was awesome, but I would totally add color.

- I wouldn't have wasted my time with some of the guys I dated in college. Ya, they were cute, but sheesh! Ever heard of a brain or a backbone, guys? Come on!

- I would have spend the money to get a video camera when my son was a baby. Ya, we were poor then, but to have those moments captured on video would have been sooo worth it.

- I wouldn't have let that tree grow.

- Perhaps sitting on the hood of my friend's car while she drove waaaaaay too fast, then slammed on the brakes while I flew off, skidding on my hands and knees wasn't the best use of judgement on my part.

- I would just tell that guy in high school "I really like you- let's just cut the crap and go out, k?" I never admitted to ANYONE that I liked him. It would have been fun!

- Ultra platinum blonde.... well, not my best color. Let's just leave it at that.

However, there are many many things I am glad I did, and would do over again if given the chance. (And many many things too humiliating to put on here that I did I wish I'd never done, but I guess you'll all see that stuff on my video in heaven. Just wait, it'll be very entertaining, to say the least!)

2 comments:

Jess said...

I totally wish I could redo my whole wedding. I wouldn't have fallen for the reception. I would have had a back yard casual party with a short and flirty wedding dress...with beautiful flowers in my hair....no stupid bouqet(spelling?) with people who really mattered to me. Rather than standing in line shaking my parent's friends hands.

Andrea said...

I think everyone regrets something about their wedding. Hopefully, not who they married.

I've started writing a book about the stupid things I've done. I'm just hoping someday my progeny will be entertained.