For my recipe blog go to:

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another year older...*sigh*

Yes. I am old. I feel old. I looked in the mirror this morning and found about 20 more grey hairs. My forehead is more wrinkled- in the center- like I am scowling all the time or something. My face is sagging, too.

That's not the only thing that's sagging. I went to Walmart to buy a new bra today and it was really depressing. Apparently they don't make drag-along pulley systems for women who have reached my age and need a little more "lift". I think they should. You know, something like a take-along IV pole with hooks and chains attached to hoist you up. No?

My feet even look older. I was going to put fun pink nail polish on my toes today, but I felt like I was painting my grandma's toes, and hot pink is just too.... young... for an old lady.

Maybe we'll go to Sizzler for dinner- isn't that where the senior citizens hang out? I won't forget to take my plastic hair cover because it is windy and may rain later. Oh, and my clip-on sun glasses that go over my regular glasses, and my tin of mints, and my funeral pink lipstic. (funny how old ladies can get away with bright pink lipstick, but not toes.)

Happy birthday to me.... Maybe my husband will give me "Life-a-lert". I do fall alot.

3 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Hope you had a great birthday! You are not old. :) But I know how you feel!

Shantell said...

Happy happy birthday. I will look for you at the sizzler :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! You seem like a young spring chicken to me!! :)